FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVX 100b runtime vs. worth

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Derek Santilli
DVX 100b runtime vs. worth
on Dec 19, 2009 at 1:04:27 am

Hello all, long time reader...first time poster,

I have an opportunity to buy my first DVX 100b. I am positive I want this camera despite its SD handicap. I found a used one for 1k. Its a great price, but has 730hrs on the heads. This is a professional production house that has used it so I assume they are good hours but I digress that I maybe should spend 500 bucks more for one with only a few hundo hrs on those delicate lil heads.

Any advice?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: DVX 100b runtime vs. worth
on Dec 21, 2009 at 3:18:04 am

That's not massive hours but it really comes down to how well they took care of it. An out of warranty head repair could easily eat up the savings. But why buy a used camera for that much you could easily get into say a Canon 7D or a Panasonic AVCHD camera.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera! Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Call Box Training now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Canon 7D, and Panasonic DVX100.

Return to posts index

John Christie
on Dec 23, 2009 at 5:05:48 am

The world is rapidly changing to HD. I wouldn't buy a used SD camera no matter how good a deal it was. Save up a few more dollars and buy an HD camera. In 2 years you'll be glad you did.

Cheers

John Christie

Return to posts index

Alejandro Vargas
on Jan 10, 2010 at 8:11:44 pm

Like everyone else said.SD at any price is not worth it. I've been on the HD-SD dilema for 2 months now and everytime HD wins

The HMC40 might be what you are looking for
For only about 800 bucks more you get:
Brand new camera
Warranty
HD
And sd-card compatible

Can't bear that
And if youy buy before jan 31, they throw in a blueray disc player

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]