FORUMS: list search recent posts

Panasonic AG-HVX200P and Time-Code

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Capehart
Panasonic AG-HVX200P and Time-Code
on Dec 17, 2009 at 4:53:37 am

I have a Panasonioc AG-HVX200P and want to sync a portable,high-resolution audio recorder with time code. The camera uses firewire. The audio devices use BNC or another type of connector. Does anyone have a solution to make the sync work? I want to set free run TC to both then disconnect and match audio up with TC in edit.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Panasonic AG-HVX200P and Time-Code
on Dec 17, 2009 at 9:11:46 am

The HVX200 won't jam sync to an external TC source, but you can easily manually sync in post. Here's a plugin that easily automates this process:

http://www.singularsoftware.com/autosync/

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera! Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Call Box Training now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Canon 7D, and Panasonic DVX100.

Return to posts index

Michael Capehart
on Dec 17, 2009 at 5:24:54 pm

You can use firewire to sync two cameras together. So you can't use it to sync an audio source?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Dec 18, 2009 at 4:46:23 pm

I wouldn't see how you'd do that- Firewire is Firewire data timecode. Audio timecode coming in from an external recorder is audio timecode- not compatible. You could always feed audio timecode into one of the audio inputs of the HVX200- that would give you something. But as the HVX200 is a prosumer camera it's not setup to jam sync the way a higher end camera is. You can Firewire sync two HVX200's together using a special protocol specifically setup by Panasonic to do this, but it has zero to do with audio recorders running standard audio or LITC timecode- closed system.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera! Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Call Box Training now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Canon 7D, and Panasonic DVX100.

Return to posts index

Alf Hanna
on Dec 19, 2009 at 5:20:04 pm

So changing the question slightly Noah. The HMC 150 allows timecode to be synced via the RCA jacks above the XLRs. Is this a new change to that model that isn't available on the HVX200P? I'm asking because I'm also considering purchasing a production quality recorder, like an edirol, and I am assuming I can come out the RCA jacks to set TC between the two, break the connection and record. Am I mistaken in assuming this?

Alf
Panasonic HMC-150 & Vegas Video

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Dec 21, 2009 at 3:16:45 am

Don't know- haven't tried that but I doubt it's jam syncable to audio timecode, more like to other 150 cameras. But it's a good question for your dealer.

Noah

Return to posts index

Michael Capehart
on Dec 21, 2009 at 3:45:08 am

Talked to Panasonic rep. Can't be done. Thanks to everyone who responded. This is a great resource.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]