FORUMS: list search recent posts

HCM - 151 previewing AVCHD files (.mts) on MAc OS Leopard

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Maurito Zarate
HCM - 151 previewing AVCHD files (.mts) on MAc OS Leopard
on Dec 16, 2009 at 9:43:20 am

Hallo,
i've just buyed and used my Panasonic 151 BUT I CAN NON see my clips on computer...

In a first time, I'd like just to preview those clips (and than chose what "log and trasfert by FCP and what no...) BUT don't which software is indicated to reproduce GOOD these .mts files in MAC environment.

I've a Macbookpro 4 gb RAM (Mac OS 10.5.8 - CPU Intel 2.5 GB) but when I try to open with VLC - just for a simple check and visualization - my .mts files (done with Pana 151) I can't see those files or I can see very bad ... and that happens also when I reproduce (VLC) in "fill screen size" or in "Half size" (cause these clip have a big resolution: 1080i).

So, I,m searching for a good player in Mac OS for .mts cause i'don't like to caputure in FCP all my .mts just to check or simply to SEE those videoclips!

Can you help me?

THX!

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: HCM - 151 previewing AVCHD files (.mts) on MAc OS Leopard
on Dec 17, 2009 at 3:45:29 am

You need the latest version of FCP, and you use Log and Transfer to convert to ProRes. You don't want to look at the MTS originals...

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera! Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Call Box Training now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Canon 7D, and Panasonic DVX100.

Return to posts index

Maurito Zarate
on Dec 17, 2009 at 6:40:58 am

Hi Noah,
thanks but I WANT (I'D LIKE ...) to see original .mts files BEFORE utilize FCP...
this is my problem...

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Dec 17, 2009 at 9:09:45 am

Er but why? You can easily preview those clips in FCP's L&T window and they're not really playable otherwise.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera! Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Call Box Training now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Canon 7D, and Panasonic DVX100.

Return to posts index

Trevor Ward
on Dec 29, 2009 at 6:20:50 pm

I agree with Noah. Log and Transfer IS the way to view the files. You'd preview the files in the L&T window and select only the clips you want. You can even select in and out points to transfer. If your computer doesn't have FCP, you can try toast.

-trevor ward
Red Eye Film Co.
http://www.redeyefilmco.com
orlando, fl

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]