FORUMS: list search recent posts

problem reading SDHC card

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Smith
problem reading SDHC card
on Nov 12, 2009 at 2:47:00 am

Did my first job with the HMC 150. Though the card was recognized by the Mac Pro no video files were visible. The Private folder was there containing the AVCHD folder including 0kb aliases only for AVCHDTN and BDMV. I know the files are really on the card because I managed to transfer them from the camera via the component video and analog audio cables thru my Blackmagic card in real time to Final Cut Pro but this is a step backwards. My previous tests before the real job had no problem in seeing the files, so I assume I have a valid set up and proper software. Frankly this is scary. I am leery about entrusting professional work to such flimsy appearing media like SDHC cards so this first try out is not promising. What could be wrong? Same problem with three cards now tested, both from the external card reader as well as via USB cable from the camera.

Return to posts index

Michael Smith
Re: problem reading SDHC card
on Nov 12, 2009 at 6:39:07 am

The problem turned out to be the Lexar Professional dual slot card reader, even though it is new. Same problem happened with compact flash cards in the reader and when it was connected to another computer. I had thought I also had the problem with the camera and usb cable but that was my error: unfamiliarity with the camera. I didn't realize one must hold down the mode button for two seconds to switch to pc connect. I still wish the camera used compact flash cards which seem more robust, instead of SDHC.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]