FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can I label / organize the AVCHD files off my HMC150?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean Whitaker
Can I label / organize the AVCHD files off my HMC150?
on Oct 25, 2009 at 5:30:03 am

Hey Everyone,

I'm shooting a promo video for a college right now (on a HMC150), and want to be able to organize my clips in folders for each department of the college, and if possible label the individual video clips within each departments folder as: "professor ___ interview" etc. I will need to do this because I'll be shooting material for 8 departments simultaneously and will often have many clips from different departments on a single card, as I shoot material for various departments each day without a chance to upload in between.

ie. after dragging the whole PRIVATE folder off the SD card and retaining the original AVCHD directory, is there any way i can then organize or label each individual clip? The ideal solution being i could add a "Biology department" folder in the Stream folder, then move all the .Mts files in there and add a description of the clip after the original file name. Is anything like this possible?

Would it solve my problem if i used cineform to transcode (something I will probably be doing anyway) and then labeled and organized the files as i like? And just keep the original PRIVATE folder to archive?

Please let me know of any solutions you can think of as clip organization and labeling are going to be essential to me on this long term project. Thanks!

- Shawn

Return to posts index

Gord Stephen
Re: Can I label / organize the AVCHD files off my HMC150?
on Oct 25, 2009 at 6:26:10 pm

I definitely wouldn\'t mess around with the files in the PRIVATE folder - organising the clips in your NLE is probably your best bet. Then you can trim them and make subclips, sort, use the search function, etc. If you do transcode to CineForm, then you can call the files what you want and store them anywhere - but you\'ll still probably end up sorting and trimming clips in your NLE anyways.

Hope that helps,

Gord

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]