FORUMS: list search recent posts

Always linked & in stereo when transferring HMC 150 footage?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Sherman
Always linked & in stereo when transferring HMC 150 footage?
on Oct 1, 2009 at 2:21:34 am

I purchased a Panasonic HMC 150P about 6 months ago and like everything about the camera and it's picture quality. I've been editing using FCP 6.0.6 but can't seem to get a handle on transferring footage into my computer without the two channels of audio ALWAYS being linked and in stereo. I've looked long and hard for adjustments or preferences on the "Log and Transfer" window - to no avail. On "Log and Transfer" window it reads "Audio is mixed down to stereo"

I've read the Cow many times looking for answers and have even written Panasonic to which they replied:
Your question is more of the FCP 6.0.6. functionality question.
Camera records sound as selected with camera switches - internal MIC or external MIC.
Channel allocation on the FCP timeline is the function of NLE software and you should address it with the software vendor.

PBTSC Tech Support

is it something I should change in FCP preferences? There are times when i still capture SD footage via firewire but I'm mostly ingesting footage into my computer using a USB cable and log and transfer in FCP. BTW I'm running OS X on Mac Pro.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]