FORUMS: list search recent posts

HMC150 straight to DVD

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ken Summerall
HMC150 straight to DVD
on Sep 10, 2009 at 5:09:13 pm

I have some footage shot on the HMC150, then transfered to HDD that I need to go straight to DVD with. Is there a decent way to go to DVDSP with this footage? I would like to avoid the FCP>ProRes>Compressor>DVDSP trip if possible. A client just needs the raw stuff, no editing.

Thanks, K

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: HMC150 straight to DVD
on Sep 10, 2009 at 6:55:12 pm

Toast Titanium or DVD Burn folder. Will be data though- playback in QT player but not as a DVD.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!. Unlock the secrets of the 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, and Panasonic DVX100.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Ken Summerall
on Sep 10, 2009 at 8:49:35 pm

Noah,

I was told that Toast would encode to mpeg2 for a SD DVD from the mts files. Can you confirm that?

K

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Sep 11, 2009 at 12:18:49 am

It would be the same concept as doing it your self with sending a timeline to Compressor and making a quick DVD. I'd spend a little extra time and do it right. Plus Toast is expensive...

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!. Unlock the secrets of the 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, and Panasonic DVX100.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Gerry Lawson
on Sep 29, 2009 at 6:50:23 pm

I don't know about toast but Adobe Media Encoder will process MTS files if you have access to a CS4 bundle. That should allow an easy transcode to MPEG-2 then DVDSP or whatever DVD authoring program you like.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]