FORUMS: list search recent posts

error code 1309

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
bradley morales
error code 1309
on Sep 8, 2009 at 7:33:25 pm

I run into this error code 1309 when I try to drag my 7GB quicktime movie to another storage harddrive. The project was converted using the current settings. When I watched it the images were jerky. I did not have this problem with an earlier project of 2GB quicktime movie
The project I am trying to archive and save has a lot of camera movement. I was, however able to create a good compression (m4v) to play on the web. The project was shot at 1080 24P. There are a lot of codecs in the FCP pulldown. Which one should I try that will archive the project in the best way for storage and possible use in the future?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: error code 1309
on Sep 8, 2009 at 9:49:04 pm

Is that a PC-formatted hard drive by any chance?

Tip: OS X Finder Error Code -1309 Possible Meaning

If you are copying files from your OS X partition to external drive or a Boot Camp partition and receive Finder Error Code -1309, it most likely means you are copying a file greater than 4 GB in size, which is the maximum a FAT32 formated drive can support. That's because the 32 in FAT32 means it uses a 32-bit unsigned integer for the number of bytes in a file, so 2^32-1 is 4 GB. Wikipedia Reference

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!. Unlock the secrets of the 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, and Panasonic DVX100.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

bradley morales
on Sep 8, 2009 at 10:10:12 pm

no it is not a pc formatted drive. It is a lacie 500G drive that has only been used with my mac. True, i have never transfered a file greater than 4G. Do you suppose that this harddrive will not take a file over 4G? Is there a way to transfer the file to an SD card for safe keeping? or do you have any other suggestions for me to keep this file on the drive. or do I need to buy another drive for large files (i hope not)

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Sep 8, 2009 at 11:25:20 pm

I'd reformat the drive to Mac OS Extended Journaled. I'd guess you haven't formatted since you got it from LaCie and it's not setup for Mac access over 4GB.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!. Unlock the secrets of the 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.

Return to posts index

bradley morales
on Sep 8, 2009 at 11:39:00 pm

Can I lose everything if i reformat the drive???

Return to posts index

bradley morales
on Sep 8, 2009 at 11:49:55 pm

Here is something that I forgot to mention. I have been able to store entire 16G SD cards on the lacie drive, with no problem

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Sep 9, 2009 at 2:23:10 pm

Yes you would lose everything on the drive currently- you would need to move that data somewhere else first. Run Disk Utility from your applications/utilities folder and you'll see which format the drive is formatted as.

Noah

Return to posts index

bradley morales
on Sep 9, 2009 at 10:50:12 pm

I split the project into two halves, but get this.. as a whole the project was almost 7G but when split, each quicktime movie file was under 1G. interesting. I can always reassemble the film from the two halves, but do you think this disparity of file sizes doesn't matter and thus in the two pieces also stores the project optimally.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]