FORUMS: list search recent posts

SYNCING my DVX100B footage with separate recorded audio mix?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sally obrien
SYNCING my DVX100B footage with separate recorded audio mix?
on Aug 24, 2009 at 1:39:34 pm

I'm going to film someone singing in a recording studio today. Later, they're going to give me the mixed track so I can sync it up to my video.

I've heard of cases where the video and audio can go out of sync; like one has a delay over the other. Is this something that's avoidable depending on how you record it? Do we need to set our cameras or audio recorders to a certain setting to make sure this doesn't happen?

Or is this always inevitable, and you just have to fix it in post-production? If so, what's the best way to do that?

Sal

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: SYNCING my DVX100B footage with separate recorded audio mix?
on Aug 26, 2009 at 3:06:27 pm

The way the pro's would do it is use a timecode slate and a timecode audio source- like a DAT player or a digital audio recorder to playback the audio on set. But that said, even if you go with something as low-tech as a CD on set and no slate, it's still more likely to sync up than not. As long as you have that same exact CD in your editing program and you match all your other settings- like frame rates, audio formats, etc. You might see some drift over long takes, but it's not hard to trim and re-sync manually. Just takes time...

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!. Unlock the secrets of the 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, and Panasonic DVX100.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]