FORUMS: list search recent posts

Panasonic AJ-D250 Firewire capture problems

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Smith
Panasonic AJ-D250 Firewire capture problems
on Jul 28, 2009 at 11:28:37 am

Hi guys,

As this is a Panasonic forum I wondered if any of you had experienced this problem...

We have an old Panasonic AJ-D250 PAL DVCPRO deck with the 1394 Firewire board installed. I have tried to capture using a firewire cable into Final Cut Pro 6.0.6 on an Apple Mac and into Premiere Pro CS3 on a PC. On both occasions I get a broken up video image coming down the firewire cable. I do get device control though. I get the broken up image using either DVCPRO tapes or Mini-DV tapes. I have made sure that the correct settings are set in the menu for either format of tape. Are there any suggestions that you can make to fix my problem?

Reading other forum posts it looks like lots of people have suffered from similar problems but I haven't found a solution yet. I think the problem lies with the deck but as far as I'm aware it is functioning correctly. I've read on other forum posts that there was a firmware update either for the deck itself or the firewire board in the deck that may fix this. If this is the case does anyone know how I might check the firmware revision currently installed?

Any help you guys can give would be gratefully appreciated.

Regards

Mark Smith

Regards

Mark Smith

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Panasonic AJ-D250 Firewire capture problems
on Jul 28, 2009 at 4:06:42 pm

Could be dirty heads- that's an older deck. Probably not supported directly anymore either. Could be time for an upgrade.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!. Unlock the secrets of the 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, and Panasonic DVX100.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]