FORUMS: list search recent posts

cloning 24pa tapes w/tc breaks

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
rafael ramirez
cloning 24pa tapes w/tc breaks
on Jun 4, 2009 at 7:14:55 am

So after a long time of problem solving by just reading about them on other threads, I finally found a topic that I can't find a thread for. Here's my issue, I have a project that is a few years old, was shot on the DVX-100 in 24pa (don't ask me why) and never cloned the master's for financial reasons. Well, the time has come to finally clone these masters.

The issue is that some (many) tapes have timecode breaks. I plan to clone going deck to deck, no router, and generate a new master timecode on the clone (new master source). The problem I foresee is with the cadence not matching to a 0 frame on the clone after a timecode break on the master. Am I right in assuming that this will lead to hours of sitting and test capturing at different frames to not end up with the wrong frames being removed during the pulldown?

Is it better to start a new tape after each TC break so everything stays in cadence?

Should I bite the bullet and take those tapes in and pay an arm and a leg to get them done correctly.

Should I just clone with TC breaks and deal with it? I'd like to learn how to fix it for my personal knowledge.

Please help, I'm not a post person, but I need to know what steps to take before I create a bigger headache down the road.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: cloning 24pa tapes w/tc breaks
on Jun 4, 2009 at 10:12:02 pm

Just clone with the TC breaks- the new tape won't have matching timecode but it will not have the TC breaks either and the cadence should be fine.

Noah

Check out my new RED Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color.
Now featuring the Lens Adapter Guidebook, Sony EX1 Guidebook,
DVD Studio Pro and How to Light Interviews.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]