FORUMS: list search recent posts

Free run, multi-camera syncing

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dorit grunberger
Free run, multi-camera syncing
on May 23, 2009 at 1:17:01 am

Sorry I waited till the last minute. I have Noah's DVD for the DVX100 (which has helped a lot in the past), and I thought it was going to be a piece of cake to get the TC on 2 DVX100 cameras to reset in free run. Unfortunately, that isn't the case. When I press the counter on either the camera or the remote, I can toggle between the different time stamps, but I don't seem able to reset the code on either camera.
What am I missing???
Seems like the original questioner (in April) couldn't figure it out either and there was no final help.
I need to reset for a shoot tomorrow morning for a multiple day seminar.
Help!!!
Thanks,
Dorit

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Free run, multi-camera syncing
on May 23, 2009 at 2:23:02 am

Where is the issue? If you get both camera to the point of being ready to accept the final confirm command for setting a specific free run starting timecode and then confirming with the remote as I show on the DVD it should work fine.

Noah

Check out my new RED Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color.
Now featuring the Lens Adapter Guidebook, Sony EX1 Guidebook,
DVD Studio Pro and How to Light Interviews.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

dorit grunberger
on May 23, 2009 at 6:25:36 am

"Where is the issue? If you get both camera to the point of being ready to accept the final confirm command for setting a specific free run starting timecode and then confirming with the remote as I show on the DVD it should work fine."

The issues are as follows:
1. I set both cameras on free run
2. went to TC first run selected preset (BTW, a more fleshed out description of which presets you mean would be helpful, maybe for the next version :-))
3. went to TC preset and zeroed out everything on both cameras.
4. when asked if the new preset is good I said yes.
5. When you say "activate the new setting with the remote, I hope you you meant hit Menu on the remote. I hit "menu" until I was out of the menu
6. The time codes started up on both cameras BUT, were not identical to each other.
7. Tried it a bunch of times and they're always off, not always by the same amount.
8. I have one DVX100a and one DVX100b. Is that a problem?
9. This seems way less than perfect, so I must be doing something wrong.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on May 23, 2009 at 3:19:52 pm

It should be to the point where you hit enter- not menu. And only once. You need to get both cameras to the very final step before resetting the timecode, then hit the remote button.

Noah

Check out my new RED Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color.

Return to posts index

dorit grunberger
on May 26, 2009 at 1:52:50 am

Noah

Just for the record, there is no "Enter" button on the DVX100a (or b) remote.
I tried everything I could think of and even when I got the timecodes to be almost the same (fractions of secs off) at the start, once I turned the cameras off and took the batteries off to charge (not the internal batteries) for the night, the next day upon firing the 2 cameras up, they were completely off from each other. I'm concluding that the internal batteries need recharging. Well, at least that's a possibility.

Dorit

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on May 26, 2009 at 11:32:03 pm

Have you tried the 1394TC preset mode instead? This is outlined in the manual.

Noah

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]