FORUMS: list search recent posts

Camera audio splitting problem

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Allen
Camera audio splitting problem
on May 11, 2009 at 5:33:00 pm

Hi to all. This is a great forum. I also posted this question on the Audio Professionals forum.

I have an audio question and I'm hoping someone here has delt with this before.

I have a DVCPro50 AJ-D910 wap Camera. My normal deck that I use to import to my non-linear is down and I must injest my audio and video into the non-linear directly from my camera. Video out is no problem.

However, Panasonic only provides one xlr audio out plug. By selecting my camera monitor out switch, I can send audio channel one or two out seperately or mixed but I can't split them at the same time. I need to send them out at the same time only splitting the channels one and two seperately before they go into my non-linear capture device.

Is there an easy way to do this? Is there some sort of splitter that will divide the channels?

Thanks in advance. Mark

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Camera audio splitting problem
on May 12, 2009 at 7:41:21 am

I am not familiar with that camera but if you need more audio channels than the camera can provide why not record audio on a seperate piece of equipment. Multi-channel Digital audio recorders exist for $300 or less these days.

Noah

Check out my new RED Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color.
Now featuring the Lens Adapter Guidebook, Sony EX1 Guidebook,
DVD Studio Pro and How to Light Interviews.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Mark Allen
on May 12, 2009 at 4:40:51 pm

Noah, thanks for your response.

Actually, I don't need to record extra channels. Mostly, I only need two seperate channels. My problem is that my Panasonic DVCPro 50 deck is down (bad capaictors) and I need to temporarily use my camera as a feed deck to my non-linear editor breakout box.

The problem is that the camera only provides one xlr 3-pin audio out port. I have the option of choosing ch.1 or ch 2. Or a Mix of both channels.

I was wondering if by using some sort of audio splitter if I could seperate the channels once outside of the camera. Also, there is one other camera selection that allows the audio out to provide stereo or mix of the two audio channels.

Sorry for the long post. Also, if someone knows where I could get my aj-d950 tape deck repaired that would be great. Apparently these decks have bad capacitors that need to be replaced after a few years of work. I guesse this was a common problem with this deck..
Thanks again, Mark

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on May 13, 2009 at 1:00:26 am

I'd check with Panasonic to find a local service center. As for the camera- if there's no specific mono mono connectors I don't see a way you could split the output. Sounds like a submixed stereo pair coming through one connection.

Noah

Check out my new RED Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color.

Return to posts index

Mark Shepherd
on May 19, 2009 at 12:12:17 am

Can't you export via the firewire out of the camera and maintain the split audio

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on May 20, 2009 at 3:08:34 am

If the camera happens to have Firewire- not sure on that one.

Noah

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]