FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVX-100A/budget questions

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joshua Long
DVX-100A/budget questions
on May 11, 2009 at 5:02:58 pm

I'm a budding freelance videographer and I am in need of a professional camera.

I know that the DVX-100A is a good camera (if not maybe a bit out dated) and I have one at my disposal for $2000. Is this a good deal? It's definitely used, but still in good condition.

My budget is in the $2000-$3000 range and it would be nice to have some left over for lighting kit and audio stuff...but right now getting a camera is my main priority.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated. I don't want to get ripped off!

Return to posts index

Andy Schroeder
Re: DVX-100A/budget questions
on May 11, 2009 at 6:29:06 pm

Not a good deal. The DVX's are great cameras in my opinion, as long as HD isn't a big deal for you. For me it's not, my main video output is the web. I bought a DVX100b last year along with a good tripod, camera case, tapes, few filters got it all NEW for under 3000, so 2000 for a used version (that's not the latest version the B model has upgrades over the A) is not a good deal. You may want to look at Panasonic's new solid state cameras that can record HD video to SD memory cards. I bought my camera before that was available, but those aren't much over 3000 I believe and it'll have a longer shelf life for your investment.

Return to posts index

Joshua Long
on May 12, 2009 at 5:06:39 am

Thanks for the feedback!

At first I thought you're price range for the solid state was very inaccurate because I couldn't find anything under $5,000. Then I found this....

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox&rls=co...

(Sorry, that's a REALLY long link.)
This is a AG-HMC150 for an average of approx. $3,300...is that pretty much what you were referring to?

Again, I appreciate all feedback! I'm trying to start my own little business and choosing a camera is a big life decision for me.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on May 12, 2009 at 7:39:37 am

Yeah that's what you can find one almost new for nowadays. I'd get into a bit of debt and go for an HMC150. There's no reason to not be shooting in HD if you're getting a new camera in 2009.

Noah

Check out my new RED Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color.
Now featuring the Lens Adapter Guidebook, Sony EX1 Guidebook,
DVD Studio Pro and How to Light Interviews.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]