FORUMS: list search recent posts

Noise in shadow areas

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Eger
Noise in shadow areas
on May 1, 2009 at 6:04:03 pm

I have been having this issue for some time and am baffled. I am shooting with a 100A and no matter what I seem to get a lot of noise in my shadow areas. We upgraded our studio monitors to LH2600W's and we shoot in squeeze mode so I understand the picture should be a little noisy due to the blow up on the HD monitor to 16:9 but no matter what I try aside from really hammering around on the menu's I cannot get rid of it. It is really noticable to me around 60 ire on the WFM and lower.
I know my gain is set at 0db it says it in the Viewfinder so it is not that. My settings are all 0 except master ped is -3 I shoot Cinelike D with low Knee norm matrix and te dtl off the freq is thick and 30p for progressive.

I get the noise in 60i also but it is not as bad
the variation in the settings is +5 detail coring
enriched matrix
Mid Knee
Thin Freq

I shoot everything for boradcast. and if I am doing something else wrong please tell me.

I have been trying to keep the numbers pretty flat so I have the most flexibility when I take the footage into color.

I get the grain using no filters, onboard filters, and glass filters and even in combinations with each other.

I get the noise in all the wb modes
I get the noise with the iris in auto as well as exposing with zebras and using a meter.

also the camera was just serviced and CLA'd so it is not that..
aside from shooting tests with every combination of menu settings I am baffled..

Return to posts index

Daniel Sametz
Re: Noise in shadow areas
on Sep 7, 2011 at 8:39:05 pm

We have the same issue, the AG Af100 has a lot of noise, especially in the mid lights.

The noise is reduced if you put cinelike v, but then the blacks loose any definition and the skin tone became red.

Any one had solve this noise problem?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]