FORUMS: list search recent posts

Word has it that AVCHD editing is not ready for prime time. What experiences are people having?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd Roush
Word has it that AVCHD editing is not ready for prime time. What experiences are people having?
on Apr 30, 2009 at 8:33:51 am

Anyone edited a 2 hour 3 camera 7 audio track project in AVCHD? Curius how it's coming along as I may want to come back to Panasonic and use this camera.

I like the Cannon XH-A1's but it's a LOT of work to get a good image and I miss the ease of use that my DVX's gave me. A naturally good looking image.

What are your experiences with AVCHD editing? Is it not ready for prime time? See my computer spec's below.

Thanks!

Todd Roush
Dreamscape Digital Media
Canon XH-A1's - Dell Studio XPS i7, 920, 2.66 gig,6 gigs RAM (soon to be 12) 650 gig SATA, 1TB eSATA external, 3TB USB(storage). 512gig ATI video card, 28" HannsG Monitor, 24" Dell Monitor.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Word has it that AVCHD editing is not ready for prime time. What experiences are people having?
on May 1, 2009 at 4:09:31 am

With what editing software?

-Noah

Check out my new RED Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color.
Now featuring the Lens Adapter Guidebook, Sony EX1 Guidebook,
DVD Studio Pro and How to Light Interviews.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Todd Roush
Re: Word has it that AVCHD editing is not ready for prime time. What experiences are people having?
on May 1, 2009 at 6:34:57 am

I'm currently using CS4 and I have noticed it has a selection for AVCHD when you start the project so clearly it should be able to do the trick.

I also read a post somewhere about somebody editing from both AVCHD and HDV and I am curious how that works.

Best,

Todd

Todd Roush
Dreamscape Digital Media
Canon XH-A1's - Dell Studio XPS i7, 920, 2.66 gig,6 gigs RAM (soon to be 12) 650 gig SATA, 1TB eSATA external, 3TB USB(storage). 512gig ATI video card, 28" HannsG Monitor, 24" Dell Monitor.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]