FORUMS: list search recent posts

HMC 150 to DV

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jerry Vogt
HMC 150 to DV
on Apr 28, 2009 at 2:56:56 am

Recorded in 1080x60i on HMC 150 SDHC card. Would like to dump to DV tape to edit later this year. If I use the log and transfer it will be 16x9 and I need it to match footage shot last year on DV.

The only other option I see is to output directly from camera using composite cables, which seems like a joke after recording in HG. Everything over the last years has been designed with firewire. Now with an HD cam they give us the option of RCA output??

Any ideas on getting this footage transferred to 4X3 DV?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: HMC 150 to DV
on Apr 29, 2009 at 6:17:11 am

It's going to be 16:9 no matter what you do so you might as well embrace that. I'd capture to HD and either pan and scan in FCP or letterbox with Compressor.

Noah

Check out my new RED Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color.
Now featuring the Lens Adapter Guidebook, Sony EX1 Guidebook,
DVD Studio Pro and How to Light Interviews.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Jerry Vogt
on Apr 29, 2009 at 3:46:00 pm

Hey Noah,

Thanks for replying

Return to posts index

Todd Roush
on Apr 30, 2009 at 8:39:56 am

You could crop left and right in FCP I'm assuming (I use CS4)?

I'm trying to figure out the best way to do the opposite. To bring old DV footage into and HDV project and upsize it (black bars on left and right in 16:9) to fit as a square amidst widescreen footage.

Good luck!

Best,

todd

Todd Roush
Dreamscape Digital Media
Canon XH-A1's - Dell Studio XPS i7, 920, 2.66 gig,6 gigs RAM (soon to be 12) 650 gig SATA, 1TB eSATA external, 3TB USB(storage). 512gig ATI video card, 28" HannsG Monitor, 24" Dell Monitor.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]