FORUMS: list search recent posts

Buying second Hand Panasonic DVX100B

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sascha Engel
Buying second Hand Panasonic DVX100B
on Apr 10, 2009 at 6:00:24 am

Hi Everybody,

I got an offer from my local camera rental company for a Panasonic DVX100B. The Cam was running 1200hours, is working fine and they give some tech support guarantee in case something happens to the cam after I purchased it. How is it with the drumheads? How long they usually live in a DVX100B and how much costs a new drumhead? Thanx for help!

Sascha Engel

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Buying second Hand Panasonic DVX100B
on Apr 11, 2009 at 12:58:22 am

That's pretty high usage- what's the price?

Noah

Check out my new RED Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color.
Now featuring the Lens Adapter Guidebook, Sony EX1 Guidebook,
DVD Studio Pro and How to Light Interviews.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Sascha Engel
on Apr 11, 2009 at 7:25:14 am

It's 5800.- New Israeli Shekel, which is about 1400.-$, The camera cost new still above 3000.- iN Israel.
They also give me some tech support from out the company - sort of guarantee.
I am just afraid the head wears out fast - some camera men here told me, that 1500 hours is the average max for that kind of drumheads.

Sascha Engel

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Noah Kadner
on Apr 11, 2009 at 10:33:58 pm

Yeah I would pay maybe $1,000 for that much mileage- with or without a service contract. Try a counter offer- these are tough times and that camera surely is completely paid for itself. I.e. the dealer has nothing to lose from the sale at any price.

Noah

Check out my new RED Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color.
Now featuring the Lens Adapter Guidebook, Sony EX1 Guidebook,
DVD Studio Pro and How to Light Interviews.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Sascha Engel
on Apr 12, 2009 at 9:06:54 am

Thanx a lot for the advice! Sounds reasonable what you are suggesting.

Sascha Engel

Return to posts index

Sascha Engel
on Apr 19, 2009 at 6:39:06 am

Hi Noah,

I still could not figure out, what's the average lifetime in hours for a DVX100 Drumhead.
Any idea?
Because they offered me, that once the head is fried in the 2nd one, their technician will replace it with a new one for 300.-$. Seems to be reasonable then, no?

Greetz,

Sascha Engel

Return to posts index

Russell Robertson
on Apr 13, 2009 at 7:52:59 pm

I just went through the “buying a 2nd hand DVX100A” experience. I researched for a few months before going with someone on Craigslist. I’m not sure you have it in Israel or not. As Noah commented, from everything I read 1200 hours seems to be a LOT. You can find one with just a few hundred hours all over the place (Craigslist, eBay, etc).

What would concern me most is not only the hours, but what kind of hours? I had to meet my seller face-to-face to see how he handled the camera, etc. It’s a fine, yet delicate instrument. NO WAY would I buy a rental! For even half the price they are offering I’d run away. What are you going to do when the heads fail? They can’t last for much longer. Folks who rent don’t care. Imagine the abuse and neglect it must have taken. It’s like buying a rental car with 50K miles. DON”T DO IT!

RR

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]