FORUMS: list search recent posts

Really strange timecode and tape transfer problem

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dan cooper
Really strange timecode and tape transfer problem
on Mar 28, 2009 at 9:04:22 am

Hi,

I've just finished a shoot with the AG-DVX 100A. I shot about 3 tapes (Sony DVM60PRO) which I've always used. When I started capturing the footage in FCP, I got hit with heaps of timecode breaks, which I've never had happen before. I even had timecode jumping back to earlier times on the tape (eg. at 18min on the tape, the timecode suddenly started at 11min). I didn't stop and review the footage at all throughout the day.

After reading some of the questions on the forum, I'm thinking it might be to do with the internal battery on the camera going flat. The other point to mention is that before the shoot I changed the camera settings to PRESET from REGEN so I could increment HR #'s of each new tape.

Here's where I'm getting really confused. I started dubbing the content from the original tapes with timecode issues to new blank tapes (from the camera to a Sony DSR-11 deck) to get fresh timecode. I then captured the new tapes media only to find that not all of the footage copied over to the new tape. There's about 40min of timecode footage on the new tape... BUT THE TAPE IS AT THE END OF ITS REEL.

I don't understand how this is happening. I'm under a tight deadline, but really want to know what is going on. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Dan

Return to posts index

John Christie
Re: Really strange timecode and tape transfer problem
on Mar 28, 2009 at 3:45:08 pm

Dan

I can't answer your original problem. But the DSR11 is set to DVcam mode, which only gives you 40 min per tape, you'll have to go into the menu and set it to DV mode.

Cheers

John Christie

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]