FORUMS: list search recent posts

transferring FCP project back to tape

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dorit grunberger
transferring FCP project back to tape
on Mar 19, 2009 at 11:19:02 pm

Hi everyone

A while ago, I tried to transfer my final edited project back to tape via the firewire digital cable to the camera (DVX100A). The computer we're transferring from is a G5 and the version of FCP is FCP 5.0. To make a long story short, no matter what I did, it didn't happen. So my question to you experts out there is: what settings do I need to make sure are set in FCP and on the camera to make this work? I thought it was a trivial "just do it" kind of thing, but it's turning out to be problematic. I suppost it's possible that the firewire port on the camera is kaput (??) But I'm hoping it's a lesser problem and am keeping my fingers crossed.
Thanks in advance for help,
Dorit

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: transferring FCP project back to tape
on Mar 20, 2009 at 4:15:35 pm

I would ask this question on the COW's Final Cut pro forum.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

dorit grunberger
on Mar 20, 2009 at 4:27:01 pm

Yes, I will do that Dave, but 1/2 of the question really does involve the camera. Do you have any useful information on that part of the question? I'd really appreciate that. For example: aside from the issue of appropriate camera settings to receive info from the computer (which I'd love to be aware of), how would I know if the firewire port is fried or not? Is it the same port for outgoing info? In other words, if I'm able to transfer video/audio from a tape in the camera to the computer, does that mean I should be able to get the info going in the other direction (from computer to camera)?

Thanks for your consideration,

Dorit

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Mar 21, 2009 at 6:03:34 pm

The DVX100 is a standard DV device. You use the East Setup for Firewire NTSC and you're halfway there. That said, having the latest version of FCP is a great idea. We show the whole workflow step by step in a couple of hours on this DVD:

http://www.callboxlive.com/store/digital-post-production-with-final-dvx100-...

-Noah

Check out My My FCP Blog and my new RED Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook,
DVD Studio Pro and How to Light Interviews.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]