FORUMS: list search recent posts

Files created by HMC150

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chuck Bolland
Files created by HMC150
on Mar 1, 2009 at 6:50:06 pm

You would think I would have this all figured out before the purchase, but you'd be wrong. Yesterday I got the Panasonic HMC150. I can not for the life of me understand how I get the video and audio off the memory card, via the card reader, onto my hard drive and into Adobe Premiere CS3. I seeing good quality video in the camera playback but can only capture video if I run it real time using the "Component out" from the camera into my Matrox Rx2 box. This defeats the purpose of the camera...and, of course there is no audio. So what am I missing here. I have looked at all the set-up screens, read the manual from cover to cover and have not figured it out. Thank you for any help you can offer.
chuck
Olympia, WA

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Files created by HMC150
on Mar 2, 2009 at 2:53:23 am

You would need CS4 I believe. this is a brand new camera- CS3 is not ready for it. Or the current version of Final Cut Pro.

Noah

Check out My My FCP Blog and my new RED Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook,
DVD Studio Pro and How to Light Interviews.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Chuck Bolland
on Mar 2, 2009 at 3:22:59 am

Noah,
Thank you, I am going to upgrade to CS4 in the next week or two, but meantime the Panasonic web site says the 150 is compatible with CS3. I can never be just simple, can it?
Chuck

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Mar 2, 2009 at 3:23:39 pm

I'd check with Adobe on that- it's their responsibility to act on the specs they get from Panasonic. I can tell you I've used the HMC150 both with FCP 6.0.4 and Premiere CS4 with no major issues. Haven't tried CS3 though.

Noah

Check out My My FCP Blog and my new RED Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook,
DVD Studio Pro and How to Light Interviews.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]