FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVX-100 Broken 24p and Iris

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alexander Lee
DVX-100 Broken 24p and Iris
on Feb 10, 2009 at 7:33:25 am

After 5 years of problem free operation, my DVX-100 is starting to have problems. All of a sudden the exposure is very dark in F6 cine mode, and my iris wheel is not working at all. Exposure is fine in non 24p normal or advanced modes, but iris is not working. I'm assuming the iris is mechanical and needs to be sent into a tech. This camera is now basically useless as I only want to shoot in 24p advanced mode. No exposure control doesn't help either. I've tried pressing the reset button but no change.

Anyone know how I can fix this problem? If not, anyone know a reasonably priced place I can get the camera fixed? I'm based in LA. I called Panasonic and they said I could ship it to their repair center in Kansas. Evaluation fee is $130. They also recommended an authorized repair center called the Video Clinic which charges $140 for a diagnostic.

Thanks,
Alexander

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: DVX-100 Broken 24p and Iris
on Feb 10, 2009 at 6:55:36 pm

You know that each F setting is just the factory default? Those are simply suggested settings for 6 memory locations- like favorites on a radio dial. If you wanted to for example you could make F5 identical to F6 just be going into the So just because the F6 spot doesn't work doesn't in any way prevent you from shooting 24pA, just reassign those settings to a different scene file and you'll be all set. That said, 5 years is probably a time for a dealer servicing regardless and the iris wheel is likely an easy fix as it's just a potentiometer.

-Noah

Check out My My FCP Blog and my new RED Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook,
DVD Studio Pro and How to Light Interviews.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Alexander Lee
on Feb 11, 2009 at 12:27:37 am

I'm dreading the bill Panasonic is gonna give me :-(

Return to posts index

Alexander Lee
on Feb 11, 2009 at 12:36:14 am

Yeah, I know about that and I've tried playing with the settings but whenever I choose 24p everything becomes very dark.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]