FORUMS: list search recent posts

re: 24A

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eileen Cowin
re: 24A
on Feb 2, 2009 at 7:29:11 pm

I watched Noah's video on the DVX100. I shot in 24PA.
Since I am not using the latest version of FCP. (I am using 5.1.4)I do not have some of the settings. I can't check anamorphic when I use the pull down setting in the capture settings..and there is no box to check the : remove advanced pulldown and duplicate frames from firewire,,,,
I shot in the squeeze mode.
I would hate to have to install FCP2 now...
What should I do?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: re: 24A
on Feb 4, 2009 at 2:48:26 am

Those settings have been there since FCP 4.5 but that said, I'd go ahead and upgrade to FCS2 if you have it available.

Noah

Check out My My FCP Blog and my new RED Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook,
DVD Studio Pro and How to Light Interviews.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Eileen Cowin
on Feb 4, 2009 at 4:36:36 am

I had to start the project yesterday. All the footage has been digitized.

It seems as if the footage is coming in as anamorphic even though there is no place to check that in the capture settings. The box is checked in the bin.

Otherwise I followed all your instructions for 24pA. I did shoot in the squeeze mode and want to make sure it will look okay. In your dvd you seem to be shooting 4:3 and do not mention the squeeze mode in the section on post production for 24pA.

So...I have always been told not to upgrade in the middle of a project- do you agree?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Feb 4, 2009 at 5:41:09 am

When we shot that DVD squeeze mode did not exist yet. But it doesn't matter as much in the import dialog- if the checkbox is checked in your bins and it looks right in the sequence you're all set. And no I would not recommend upgrading in the middle of a project, but that said, when is it not in the middle of a project. :)

-Noah

Check out My My FCP Blog and my new RED Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color.

Return to posts index

Eileen Cowin
on Feb 4, 2009 at 4:56:30 pm

Noah, actually the DVD does address the squeeze mode. That is why I bought it in the first place. For my last project I had to do something for a flat screen TV and no one seemed was able to help me with the squeeze mode. That is when I discovered your DVD.
When I looked at the post-production section, I decided to change from 24p to 24pA for this next project based on the way you discuss it.

And yes...I am always in the middle of a project but made myself a promise to upgrade after this one no matter what.

So..I hope this piece is going to be okay.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Feb 5, 2009 at 2:42:34 am

Oh right- my memory failed me on that one. It seems like forever and a day ago we shot that disc but it's held up very well.

Noah

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]