FORUMS: list search recent posts

720p60 PH issue in FCP

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vik Narayan
720p60 PH issue in FCP
on Jan 15, 2009 at 11:14:21 pm

We just updated Final Cut Pro to 6.0.5 to attain compatibility with our new AG-HMC150’s PH mode. When I load the clips shot at 720p60 & 1080i60 PH mode in the Log and Transfer window, all the clips show up and play back fine. However, when I start transcoding any of the 720p60 PH clips, Final Cut Pro crashes. The 1080i60 PH clips transcode and playback fine within FCP. The SDHC card is a Panasonic 8Gb Class 6. I have tried restarting the system and the application multiple times but this pattern continues.

Please let me know if any of you have had similar issues and know any work arounds. As an ABC affiliate, we are a 720p60 television station, so this format is essential to us and is the primary reason for us to choose this camera.

Vik Narayan

Final Cut Pro: 6.0.5
Quicktime: 7.5.5
System Version: Mac OS X 10.5.4 (9E17)

Hardware Overview:
Model Name: Mac Pro
Model Identifier: MacPro3,1
Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Xeon
Processor Speed: 3.2 GHz
Number Of Processors: 2
Total Number Of Cores: 8
L2 Cache (per processor): 12 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 1.6 GHz

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: 720p60 PH issue in FCP
on Jan 16, 2009 at 12:12:44 am

I'd try deleting your FCP preferences and if that doesn't work try a fresh install of FCP. I had the crash for a while with PH footage but ultimately it went away after updating and clearing prefs.

Noah

Check out My My FCP Blog and my new RED Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook,
DVD Studio Pro and How to Light Interviews.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Logan Kelsey
on Jan 16, 2009 at 12:15:05 am

Do you have Perian installed? If so remove it.

HTH

Cheers,
Logan

Vertical Online
http://www.verticalonline.com

Return to posts index

Vik Narayan
on Jan 16, 2009 at 12:45:42 am

Thanks a ton guys.

Logan, turn out Perian was indeed the culprit. As soon as i removed Perian and tried the Log & Transfer, it worked smoothly like it never had an issue ever! You have no idea how much trouble you've saved me. I spoke to Pana tech support and they had no idea.

Keep up the good work guys.

Vik Narayan

Return to posts index

Tim Dumont
on Jan 16, 2009 at 2:48:14 pm

Vik,

I have been having similar problems for a couple weeks and have yet to get FCP to ingest anything that works. 1080P crashes the application completely and 720p will capture, but the audio is out of sync (video speeded up). Apple shipped me Leopard as I was on Tiger and it still doesn't work. I have no idea where to go from here. I probably have spent hours on the phone with apple and they can't figure it out either.

Tim Dumont

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Jan 16, 2009 at 5:08:34 pm

I'd do a fresh reinstall of OSX and FCS, then run all updates. That should do the trick.

Noah

Check out My My FCP Blog and my new RED Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook,
DVD Studio Pro and How to Light Interviews.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Rob Fine
on Jan 31, 2009 at 2:26:07 pm

I'm having very similar issues to this. I'm running FCP 6.0.5.

I shot some footage in the HE mode of my AG-HMC150. When I brought it into the Log and Transfer dialog it seems to play fine. But then when I drag it into the queue tp be ingested, FCP crashes every time. I had perian installed, but have since uninstalled it- still getting the same issue.

Return to posts index

Cheyene Grow
on Feb 9, 2009 at 9:25:27 pm

Rob,

I had the same issues after removing Perian.
You might just have to bite the bullet and do a reinstall.
I zeroed my drive & reinstalled 10.5 & fcp.
Now it works fine (I made sure not to install Perian).

One other thing to look out for in 10.5.6 (for me) is that transcoding a file over 4 minutes using esata would always fail. The same drives using firewire or usb2 had no problems.

-good luck

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]