FORUMS: list search recent posts

HMC150 or HVX

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dustinn Craig
HMC150 or HVX
on Dec 30, 2008 at 2:36:44 am

I've been looking for a used HVX200 for some time, but have not run into one when I have the cash to spare. From what I have gathered, the Chips and image of the 2 cameras is fairly close to being the same.

Are there any advantages to the HVX over the HMC150 other than extra frame rates?

I've been using a DVX100a that I own and the HVX200 from time to time, for higher end projects I rent full size HD cameras, but the HMC150 is in the range for ownership for me.

So I'd love to hear opinions from people who know both cameras, thanks.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: HMC150 or HVX
on Dec 30, 2008 at 8:56:15 pm

The HVX has higher quality circuitry and a higher bitrate codec than the HMC150 and IMHO is capable of generating better image quality in the right hands. That said, the difference is not night and day with the HMC150 and when you factor in not only the cost of the camera but of the media- P2 vs. SDHC- I think you'll find the HMC150 represents one of the greatest value for money cameras ever put out by Panasonic. It's well worth a look as an HVX200 or HPX170 alternative.

Noah

Check out My My FCP Blog and my new RED Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook,
DVD Studio Pro and How to Light Interviews.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]