FORUMS: list search recent posts

HMC150 out of sync and video static

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew Balogh
HMC150 out of sync and video static
on Dec 29, 2008 at 4:42:30 pm

Once a week I use this camera to video a 30 min. to 57 min. church service. After I import my footage I find that the sound starts of in sync but gradually grows more and more out of sync until by the end it is ridiculous. Also there is multi colored static that appears in 5-6 sec bursts. I am using a 16gb card and import using imovie or FCP. Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Tim Dumont
Re: HMC150 out of sync and video static
on Dec 29, 2008 at 7:57:15 pm

Matthew,

I am having the same exact problems (see my post, before yours) I'll let you know if I get anywhere on this. I'm waiting on responses and am considering a restore on my Mac Pro. I am also looking into possible firmware issues? I haven't found many others having this issue. Are you up to date on FCP 6.0.5? What are the specs on your machine

Tim Dumont

Return to posts index

Matthew Balogh
on Dec 29, 2008 at 9:02:02 pm

Certainly is frustrating. I am not sure if I had the most up to date FCP. I just fully updated all my software and now for sure do. I am going to try reimporting. I am on a mac pro. with 2 2.8ghz quad core processors and 2 gb of ram. I have had to run reruns of the service for the last few weeks hopefully we can figure this out.

Return to posts index

Matthew Balogh
on Dec 29, 2008 at 9:35:41 pm

Ok so just upgraded to the newest version and looks a lot better. I am waiting before I say fixed until a few more Sunday's. I let FinalCut capture it. Also I noticed that before the update FCP found two clips instead of one that should have been there. There was some white static when I was viewing it in FCP before I transferred but it does not appear to have come through in the transfer. I will give it some more time because the first few transfers I did when I got the camera did not have the problem I want to make sure it does not come back.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]