FORUMS: list search recent posts

HMC-150 Audo/Video Out of Synch

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Dumont
HMC-150 Audo/Video Out of Synch
on Dec 28, 2008 at 6:24:41 am

Just got FCP tonight, when I import 720P/30 in PH, the video is twice as fast as the audio. I'm besides myself at this point. I've searched this forum and the web high and low to no avail. I've tweaked settings, etc. I know in researching this before my purchase I saw a post somewhere with a bunch of presets for FCP and the HMC-150 for all the different shooting modes for importing; but cannot find those either at this point? Can anyone assist?

Also, I've tried bringing the footage in directly from the camera as well as from the footage already stored on my hard drive. I have the most up to date version of FCP, etc. Is PH mode supported at this point? Anyway, any help is appreciated...

Tim

Tim Dumont

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: HMC-150 Audo/Video Out of Synch
on Dec 29, 2008 at 2:17:38 am

Are you using the latest version of FCP 6.0.5. Also are you sure you shot 30p and not 60p?

-Noah

Check out My My FCP Blog and my new RED Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook,
DVD Studio Pro and How to Light Interviews.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Tim Dumont
on Dec 29, 2008 at 2:27:12 am

Noah,

Yes, I shot 30p and I do have the latest edition of Studio, 6.0.5. I'm thinking it has something to do with my ingest settings, can you give me some guidance ?

Thanks!

Tim Dumont

Return to posts index

Tim Dumont
on Dec 29, 2008 at 2:59:31 am

A few bits of info that may help diagnose the issue/s. Anytime I tried to ingest 1080, FCP would crash.
I even tried ingesting HA and HG and again it would crash. The 720 I can get in, but the audio and video are way out of sync. The video seems to run at twice the speed or at least 1/3 faster. I have literally been searching all day and have found no solutions.

Some more background info. I have a WD external (not used for anything to do with FCP) and a Seagate 750 internal. My main driver with all my apps still has about 72 Gig available, the Seagate has about 450 Gig of 750 available. In the Log and transfer window in the top right corner there is a small cog wheel icon, when selected there are several options, one being add custom path. When I select this (just trying things) I get this message.

"Final Cut Express Documents" contains unsupported media or has an invalid directory structure. Please choose a folder whose directory structure matches supported media.

This scares me, I originally had the final cut documents folder in a sub-folder on this drive, but after getting the message, moved it out of any sub-folders, I still get the message? Not sure if this is even a factor or not?

I'm almost thinking I should just restore the whole computer and start from scratch, but would prefer not to do this. Anyway, hope this helps regarding the response I hope yo send me.. :) Thanks!!

Tim Dumont

Return to posts index

Tim Dumont
on Dec 29, 2008 at 4:13:15 am

Noah,

These are the specs on my scratch drive. Is it fast enough??

ST3750640AS
The Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 desktop hard drive features innovative perpendicular recording technology and is the first drive on the market to provide capacities up to 750 GB. Barracuda 7200.10 hard drives deliver superb performance, efficiency, speed and durability for all your application needs.

Key Features and Benefits
SATA 3Gb/s interface
Perpendicular recording technology for maximum drive capacity and reliability
16-MB cache buffer
Ultra-fast performance
Superb reliability
Whisper-quiet operation
Enhanced G-Force Protection against handling damage
78 MB/s maximum sustained data transfer rate
Clean Sweep calibration and Directed Offline scan diagnostics
RoHS (restriction of hazardous substances) compliant
Applications
Mainstream PCs
Performance PCs
Gaming PCs
Workstations
Desktop RAID
Personal external storage devices

Tim Dumont

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Dec 30, 2008 at 12:32:51 am

Yeah that's fine- I'd try running software update again to make sure you have all the latest updates. Also copy everything from the card to a hard drive first, don't ingest directly from the card.

Noah

Check out My My FCP Blog and my new RED Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook,
DVD Studio Pro and How to Light Interviews.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]