FORUMS: list search recent posts

HMC-150 FCP v FCE

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Dumont
HMC-150 FCP v FCE
on Dec 26, 2008 at 6:30:43 am

I'm hoping someone can give me some guidance on this. I recently purchased an HMC-150 and didn't quite realize I would have to upgrade to FCP. I've had the camera about a week now and have shot some stuff. I have been able to use Voltaic to convert some of my footage and use it in FCE 3.5. I'm wondering from a workflow standpoint if it is worth the $$ to go to FCP for the ProRes codec. I have seen Noah indicate it is relatively quick to convert, etc. but am wondering just how the workflow would work, etc. I have a Mac Pro Duo with 2.66 Xeons. I am thinking about going to a Western Digital, My Book Studio II 2TB which runs in a Raid configuration for storage. Can anyone give me some advice on how they think this would perform overall using the HMC150. Thank in advance for any assistance.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: HMC-150 FCP v FCE
on Dec 26, 2008 at 5:57:32 pm

I use a MacBook Pro 2.6Ghz for most of my HMC150 editing and it works quite nicely with FCP. So I can only see your config being even more speedy. Definitely worth the upgrade to Final Cut Studio all around- not just for ProRes in FCP but also all the other apps you can leverage the HMC150 with like Color, DVD Studio Pro, Soundtrack Pro, Motion. You can just do so much more than you could ever do with FCE. And as an FCE user you'll already be at home in FCP's interface.

Noah

Check out My My FCP Blog and my new RED Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook,
DVD Studio Pro and How to Light Interviews.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Tim Dumont
Re: HMC-150 FCP v FCE
on Dec 27, 2008 at 6:09:45 am

Noah,

The information is much appreciated, thank you!

Tim

Tim Dumont

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]