FORUMS: list search recent posts

HMC150 - Incompatible Media - Stop recording after 24 minutes

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Carroll
HMC150 - Incompatible Media - Stop recording after 24 minutes
on Dec 18, 2008 at 5:11:18 am

I was shooting a program today and since getting my HMC150 this was the longest continuous shot I had yet captured. (Most of my recorded clips to this point have been 1-4 minutes per clip.)

The HMC150 was on a tripod, unmanned, while I attended to the 2nd camera and roamed around.

After the program I worked my way back to the HMC150 and discovered the message "Incompatible Media" on this display and the camera had stopped recording.

I was shooting with a new 16GB, class 6, SDHC media card. The card WAS FORMATTED in the camera prior to the shoot. (BTW, my other camera, a Canon HF100, used the same exact type of card on this shoot with no problem.)

I have never seen such an error message before and am now scared to death to shoot unmanned again.

Has anyone ever seen this error message?

I guess I'm going to need to run some tests.

I forget the brand of media card I used, but I've been using them for a while and have never had a problem.

THE GOOD NEWS is that I DID capture the entire show and that this message (and recording stop) occurred as I was working my way back to my camera.

I pressed RECORD again and the camera started recording again.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: HMC150 - Incompatible Media - Stop recording after 24 minutes
on Dec 18, 2008 at 6:13:41 pm

Impossible to say without knowing more about the type and brand of the card. I'd guess it was a bad card.

Noah

Check out My My FCP Blog and my new RED Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook,
DVD Studio Pro and How to Light Interviews.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]