FORUMS: list search recent posts

AVCHD Formats

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jerry Kay
AVCHD Formats
on Nov 23, 2008 at 9:08:10 pm

Recently I purchased the HMC150P. There were several objectives...one being the ability to easily record long meetings which we eventually send to public access tv stations. The other was trying to save some time in the log and transfer process in FCP and also exporting to You Tube and other websites.

Given these objectives, does anyone have recommendations regarding the various formats the camera shoots in ranging from the PH 1080/60i to the HE 1080/601.

I confess to being confused but I thought with our specific focus someone in the forum could advise us.

Thank you.

Jerry

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: AVCHD Formats
on Nov 27, 2008 at 7:11:16 am

Well kinda depends. Personally I love the PH 1080/24 and 720/24 modes because they look the camera's best. The lower bitrate modes give you more recording time at a cost of image quality- actual record times are in your manual. Personally I think the HDSC cards are so cheap- especially if you buy them in bulk there's no downside to the highest bitrate. As far as 60i vs. 24p, that's an aesthetic question more than anything.

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color and check out my new RED Blog.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, DVD Studio Pro and Sound for Film and TV.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]