FORUMS: list search recent posts

Panasonic HDC-SD100 vs. Canon Vixia HF11

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alexander Lee
Panasonic HDC-SD100 vs. Canon Vixia HF11
on Nov 3, 2008 at 10:05:02 pm

I'm debating between the Panasonic HDC-SD100 vs. Canon Vixia HF11. The use would be for recreation and as a B camera. I love my DVX-100 and was so excited about the HDC-SD100 because it has a small form factor, can record to SD cards in 24p, and has an audio input jack. I cannot count the number of times I wish I had a small 24p camera that I could take with me when it wasn't convenient to take my DVX. I really feel this is the wave of the future. Also I'm curious of each cameras' AVCHD integration with FCP.

I like Canon's still camera line, but I still have a slight distaste of their camcorders cause of the XL1, which had beautiful image quality but IMHO crappy handling and interface. Camcorderinfo.com reviewed both cameras and leans on the HF11 because of the better image quality. I'm going to a store to checkout both cameras, but any opinions/insights would be most appreciated!

Best,
Alexander

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Panasonic HDC-SD100 vs. Canon Vixia HF11
on Nov 4, 2008 at 5:13:31 am

Haven't tried either though I would definitely *highly* recommend a good test drive with both. Bring your own memory card so you can check image quality at home.

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color and Win a Free Letus Extreme.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, DVD Studio Pro and Sound for Film and TV.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Jason Hess
on Jan 21, 2009 at 10:50:55 pm

Hi Alexander
What did you ultimately decide betwixt the Panasonic and the Canon? I'm trying to make a similar decision for an extended out-in-the-wild excursion: HDV and cassettes or AVCHD SD Cards.

Return to posts index

Alexander Lee
on Jan 22, 2009 at 12:53:40 am

Panasonic and Canon just announced a bunch of new camcorders at CES, so hold off and buy those. I believe the Canon HFS10 is the replacement to the HF11, so get that one. The image quality of the Canon vs. Panasonic was like comparing the DVX-100 to the Sony PD-150. The Canon looks much more filmlike. Disappointed as I love the DVX-100 and thought that Panny would do a better job. Maybe the newly announced models are better. Google is your friend.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]