FORUMS: list search recent posts

Strange dropout after Log & Transfer Panasonic HMC150

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Taylor
Strange dropout after Log & Transfer Panasonic HMC150
on Oct 22, 2008 at 1:04:00 am

After I Log & Transfered the AVCHD footage from my Panasonic AG-HMC150 I noticed on a few clips this strange dropout was appearing. I shot the footage in 720p/60 and it looks fine when I play it from the camera or directly from the camera in the log and transfer window. However after I convert the footage to pro res 422 the drop out appeared on the same two clips. There is about 45 minutes of footage total on the card and each drop out lasts for about 2 seconds.

My system is as follows:

Mac Pro Dual Quad Core 2.8 ghz
4 GB Ram
4 TB storage

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Strange dropout after Log & Transfer Panasonic HMC150
on Oct 22, 2008 at 3:00:01 am

Hard to say without seeing it- try a retransfer. Post a still, shift-apple-3.

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color and Win a Free Letus Extreme.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, DVD Studio Pro and Sound for Film and TV.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Jason Taylor
on Oct 22, 2008 at 4:58:38 am

How do I attach stills of this issue?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Oct 22, 2008 at 5:51:22 pm

Simplest way is put them on a free website such as Flickr or Photobucket and then post a link, or maybe you have .Mac or your ISP gives you free online storage space. Plenty of spots.

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color and Win a Free Letus Extreme.

Return to posts index

Jason Taylor
on Oct 22, 2008 at 7:17:02 pm

I think it might be a bad graphics card? I took my 16gb SDHC card to an apple store and tried to convert log and transfer the same clip that I was having trouble with and it worked fine! Strange?

I have a NVIDIA GFORCE 8800GT card in my tower.

I am taking in my Mac Pro tonight to see if it is the card. I will keep you posted as to what happens!

Return to posts index

Rob Muller
on Oct 24, 2008 at 5:47:56 am

I have got the same problem with log and tranfer in FCP with the sdhc 16 gb card, big and strange dropouts!
Camera is Panasonic hmc 151e (PAL)
When I use VoltaicHD the drop outs are not there, and when I look the material in the camera its all right too.

Return to posts index

Jason Taylor
on Oct 28, 2008 at 3:41:51 pm

I just got off the phone with Panasonic and it appears that FCP doesn't currently support 720 footage shot in the PH mode. The Panasonic tech said to use mainly the 1080 formats for now or try 720 in the HQ mode.

Hope they fix it soon! Since the 720p/60 format is the one i preferred at this point!

Hope that helps! Let me know if you continue to have issues after trying a different format>

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Oct 29, 2008 at 7:16:44 pm

I've had some success bringing it in in 6.0.4. but it's hit and miss.

Noah

Return to posts index

Jason Taylor
on Oct 29, 2008 at 7:36:13 pm

Did you see my other post regarding the 720p issue? I called Panasonic and I was informed that FCP has an issue bringing in 720p PH quality. The only current solution is to only film in 1080 until they can fix the bug. It is frustrating because I like the 720p look better.

Strange thing was I am able to log and transfer the 720p footage using a Macbook Pro. Weird?

Doesn't help me though since I just dropped $4000 on my mac pro.

Hopefully it will get resolved quickly.

Return to posts index

Rob Muller
on Oct 31, 2008 at 8:23:42 pm

I filmed in 1080 and I had the same problem with the strange dropout.

I have report this dropout to devbugs@apple.com:

After I Log & Transfered the AVCHD footage from my Panasonic AG-HMC151e I noticed on a few clips this strange dropout was appearing. I shot the footage in 1080/50i and it looks fine when I play it in the camera. However after I convert the footage to pro res 422 the drop out appeared on the same two clips.
When I use VoltaicHD to tranfer the drop outs are not there, and when I look the material in the camera its all right too. I can't use proRess with VoltaicHD only AIC (Apple Intermediate Codec).

Get the following answer:

This is a follow up to Bug ID# 6317156. After further investigation it has been determined that this is a known issue, which is currently being investigated by engineering. This issue has been filed in our bug database under the original Bug ID# 6207034. The original bug number being used to track this duplicate issue can be found in the State column, in this format.

Return to posts index

reuben buck
Log & Transfer Panasonic HMC150 ok with 6.0.4? Issues are...
on Jul 29, 2009 at 1:20:52 am

Hey Noah Kadner,

It seems you're the man with the knowledge here so I have a simple
question for you that could save my life, and money if you could just give me a second of your time. I would be forever indebted to you!

I have an 24" iMac CoreDuo OS X 10.5.7 with 4GB and just bought a Panasonic AG-HMC150 camcorder and shoot only in PH (highest HD mode at 1080/24p) and when I transfer the video via USB 2.0 cable or SDHC adapter through USB port in back, the video gets a bit out of sync in the timeline at certain parts of the video (usually towards the end b/c it gradually gets more and more off sync) or the video will kind of get jittery for a second at a certain part. I'm sure at this point it's not the camcorder (as i tested 2 of my friend's same cameras) and it's not the method of transport between USB 2.0 wire or SDHC card reader b/c I tested that too and same problem.

I'm left to believe it's either FCP 6.0.4 that's incompatible with the HMC150 (my Canon HF11 worked fine with this version of FCP) and I need at least 6.5 and up or I simply need to reinstall all the software, or maybe it's the Magic Bullet plug-ins that are doing it (even if i dont use them with the video.) I did a search with Apple's Spotlight search engine for the Perian plug-in for QT or whatever and it doesn't return results so maybe i dont have it installed, meaning it can't be that. Do you follow? lol. Thanks. So do I need to go spend hundreds to get FCP 7 or just re-install 6.0.4? Thanks soooo much man!

Return to posts index

Mark Ravitz
on Sep 16, 2011 at 4:06:14 am

It's two years after the original post and I'm facing exactly the same problem. I was wondering if you ever got it resolved.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]