FORUMS: list search recent posts

blue lines at the beginning of a tape?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nelson May
blue lines at the beginning of a tape?
on Oct 21, 2008 at 4:00:54 am

I have an HVX 200 and do very little with tape. I am logging 4 DV tapes and 1 of the three starts out blocky for a few seconds and sometimes when I start from the beginning I have blue lines that look horizontally stripped interlaced with video.

The tape was recorded on a sony camera. The beginning of the tape is also showing up with a negative timecode.

Any suggestions on this? I was the shooter on the other camera and didn't notice anything. I spot check my tapes. I am responsible for this to my client. Any suggestions will help

Thanks in advance

G5, 1.7, 4MB RAM, 30"cine, G4, 1.6 2MB RAM, Mbox, Neumann TLM-103, FCP HD 5. Pro Tools, Adobe Creative Suite, Reason 3.0, Macromedia Studio, ProAnimator, HVX200 with Firestore v4.0

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: blue lines at the beginning of a tape?
on Oct 21, 2008 at 5:13:01 am

Try running a head cleaner- it's possible the Sony camera also had dirty heads. You might need to get that camera to successfully digitize the footage.

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color and Win a Free Letus Extreme.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, DVD Studio Pro and Sound for Film and TV.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Nelson May
on Oct 21, 2008 at 3:52:26 pm

I tried the tape cleaner and there isn't too much of a difference. I am going to have to get the sony camera.

Should I clean the sony camera head before I try to put in the tape?

G5, 1.7, 4MB RAM, 30"cine, G4, 1.6 2MB RAM, Mbox, Neumann TLM-103, FCP HD 5. Pro Tools, Adobe Creative Suite, Reason 3.0, Macromedia Studio, ProAnimator, HVX200 with Firestore v4.0

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Oct 21, 2008 at 7:17:42 pm

Sure it can't hurt.

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color and Win a Free Letus Extreme.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, DVD Studio Pro and Sound for Film and TV.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]