FORUMS: list search recent posts

beeping sound with 100B

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cory Tomascoff
beeping sound with 100B
on Sep 21, 2008 at 2:40:31 pm

I've been using the Panasonic 100B for a few years now and occasionally I've noticed during post production that there are beeping clicks and noises that appear during audio. It sounds almost like the camera is trying to adjust or fix the audio, or it's telling me that the levels are off, but all the levels are fine and nothing it wrong. Instead, when I start editing, during playback there are random beeping sounds, usually that cut in while someone is speaking. They are sometimes hard to hear, and range from low to high frequencies.

Does anyone know why this is happening, or how I can fix it?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: beeping sound with 100B
on Sep 21, 2008 at 3:20:33 pm

You hear these during playback on your NLE or from the actual tapes? Hard to say whether it's a camera that needs repair or perhaps a sequence audio setting mismatch on your editing software.

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color and Win a Free Letus Extreme.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, DVD Studio Pro and Sound for Film and TV.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Cory Tomascoff
on Sep 21, 2008 at 4:08:54 pm

What do you mean by NLE?

I actually just rechecked some stuff I was editing, and it turns out that it sounds like beeping sounds sometimes, and in other clips it's more of a vibrating noise, very short, almost like a problem with the mic. But, the thing is, I've had this problem using different mics and different 100Bs.

I think the sounds were somehow recorded into the tapes, because in Final Cut Pro you can hear them when you play a clip. Then, when I make DVDs, they are burned right into them as well.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Sep 21, 2008 at 5:22:10 pm

NLE= Non linear editor= Final Cut Pro in your case. I'd check the camera originals. Beeping happens in FCP when you have too many tracks to playback in realtime. Could be your mic too or maybe dirty heads. Check each live and on tape to figure out the problem. Perhaps you can post a sample somewhere?

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color and Win a Free Letus Extreme.

Return to posts index

Cory Tomascoff
on Sep 21, 2008 at 5:58:53 pm

Yeah, I found a good example of it. It's a really short audio file, could I email it to you or something? I tried to post it on my blog but it didn't work.

I'm hoping that the sound actually exists, and that I'm not going crazy here, but this file should be a good example. If it works, put it up to the highest sound so you can hear it best.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Sep 21, 2008 at 6:04:35 pm

Sure noefresh at hotmail

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Sep 22, 2008 at 5:13:41 pm

Ok got the clip. That sounds like audio glitching or could be a lot of different things. But if I had to guess I'd say your tape heads are dirty and need a professional cleaning or at least a thorough use of a head cleaner tape. Sometimes you see dirty heads as noise or dropped frames in the picture, other times as audio glitches. So that would be the easiest thing to try and fix.

Noah

Return to posts index

Cory Tomascoff
on Sep 23, 2008 at 12:38:38 am

awesome, i'll try it out.

thanks so much!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]