FORUMS: list search recent posts

24pN question

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Lieberman
24pN question
on Aug 16, 2008 at 6:11:14 am

I have pored through many well written posts on the below matter, but still feel like some questions are unanswered.

I shot 24pN footage (used because of 60i footage mixed), several hours worth, and am (hopefully) outputting to DVD in 23.98fps. I edited the 24pN footage on a 29.97 timeline, cadences not pulled down from original capture in FCP 5.14. When I burned a DVD using Compressor of the footage, it was horrendously interlaced, but looks fine on a SD monitor.

I debated using Cinema Tools to convert the footage to 23.98, but the results looked jittery and artifacting was prevalent. After converting to 23.98, do you remove the advanced pulldown in FCP?

For those who shot in 24pN using a DVX100, what was the best process to maintain a more progressive look on, say, an HD display or monitor? There is so much information on the 2:3:3:2 pulldown, that the 2:3:2:3 issues (interlaced images on a monitor, for example) seem unanswered.

I apologize if my questions have been answered previously.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: 24pN question
on Aug 18, 2008 at 12:22:50 pm

Well by definition you can't get a progressive final version because you shot 24p with a 3:2 pulldown not easily removable. That's what 24pA is for- which is the format I recommend shooting 99% of the time for its easy pulldown removal. With 29.97 which is basically what you're stuck with there's not much to be done with poor display on a monitor.

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color and Win a Free Letus Extreme.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, DVD Studio Pro and Sound for Film and TV.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

John Beck
Re: 24pN question
on Aug 18, 2008 at 2:33:57 pm

Michael,

What is 24PN?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]