FORUMS: list search recent posts

squeeze issues

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Wiebe
squeeze issues
on Aug 12, 2008 at 8:24:54 pm

I am new to this forum so forgive me if I am asking a question that has already been addressed.

My place of work has a DVX-100--it is not near me, so I can't tell you if it is an A or B or ...

We have been using it for quite some time shooting 4x3 with minimal troubles, but we have recently been shooting squeeze and running into some problems.

Because the image is stretched on the lcd screen it is hard to set focus, but there is a point when you feel it sharpen up. However when we digitize the footage or watch it off a deck on a monitor it is off. I don't think it is focus though. It is almost as if part of the image is off-register--as if every fifth horizontal pixel line is off. It reminds me off watching 3D without the red and blue shades (that is an exaggeration, but I am grasping at straws trying to verbalize this issue).

Does this sound familiar to anybody?

I have read that there is an anamorphic lens package (AG-LA7200G)--is this necessary to shoot 16x9?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: squeeze issues
on Aug 13, 2008 at 4:01:50 am

What monitor? The on-camera monitor should show squeeze footage as letterboxed. If you're looking at footage on an external monitor make sure you get one with 16:9 capabilities otherwise you're looking at the squeezed 4:3 output which is pretty much useless.

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color and Win a Free Letus Extreme.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, DVD Studio Pro and Sound for Film and TV.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Brian Wiebe
Re: squeeze issues
on Aug 13, 2008 at 1:45:05 pm

The lcd monitor built into the camera is not showing it in letterbox--it is a showing a stretched image as if I were viewing it on a 4x3 screen. The monitor I have been viewing it on after the fact has 16x9 capabilities--as does Avid when I import it, both of which display the image distortions I attempted to describe previously.

It is good to know that the camera should be displaying it in differently... I took the camera in once already and they said there wasn't anything wrong... but my eyes tell me otherwise...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]