FORUMS: list search recent posts

squeeze mode: cool widescreen

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
anthony harris
squeeze mode: cool widescreen
on Aug 10, 2008 at 11:28:42 pm

Greetings,

Appreciate the DVD on dvx100... however, i am a newbie and frustration sets in quickly... I really like the film look with cool widescreen (narrow)... the best way to accomplish this on final cut studio 2 is? Also, when shooting interviews in squeeze mode is it best to shoot loose? I am using the same cool widescreen look with the interviews also...

Thanks, forgive me if these have been touched on ad nauseum

Greetings,

Appreciate the DVD on dvx100... however, i am a newbie and frustration sets in quickly... I really like the film look with cool widescreen (narrow)... the best way to accomplish this on final cut studio 2 is? Also, when shooting interviews in squeeze mode is it best to shoot loose? I am using the same cool widescreen look with the interviews also...

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: squeeze mode: cool widescreen
on Aug 11, 2008 at 1:38:00 pm

The widescreen filter in FCP should do the trick.

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color and Win a Free Letus Extreme.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, DVD Studio Pro and Sound for Film and TV.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

anthony harris
on Aug 11, 2008 at 1:58:12 pm

thanks again, just one other ? after doing that i would just crop to my desired look... also, when in squeeze mode is it best to shoot interviews not as tight, so you won't just have a tight face in the box

Greetings,

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Aug 12, 2008 at 8:55:38 am

Well no- in squeeze mode what you see in the viewfinder is the full 16:9 image. If you plan to crop it would make more sense to shoot in 4:3 and frame for 16:9. Then you could move shots around in post.

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color and Win a Free Letus Extreme.

Return to posts index

anthony harris
on Aug 12, 2008 at 7:16:21 pm

thanks much,

got it now

Greetings,

Return to posts index

anthony harris
on Aug 12, 2008 at 7:57:39 pm

also, while i have you... what is a good consumer mini dv camera to use for playback on the cheap but w/o issues... having issues with my canon zr 700

thank you

Greetings,

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Aug 13, 2008 at 12:10:10 pm

You can't beat a deck- much faster and more reliable. But any cheapo Sony Handycam would do the trick.

Noah

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]