FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVX100 footage for feature length documentary

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Ladd
DVX100 footage for feature length documentary
on Jun 12, 2008 at 6:11:53 pm

Hello Everybody,

I'm in the process of determining what camera(s) we will be using for an upcoming feature length documentary. We definitely want to shoot at 24p, but are trying to decide if an SD camera like the DVX100 will give us our desired results. This is a very low budget project for the moment (we haven't gotten into fund raising yet) and we do have access to a DVX100 for very cheap. I have used this camera several times for short films and corporate video's, and think it is a great camera. Our ultimate goal is to send this off to film festivals upon completion. My question is, how would this footage hold up if we get this into film festivals? Does it hold up when projected onto a large screen? Does anybody know of any other documentaries that were shot using this camera so that I can view them as a reference?

I was originally wanting to shoot this using a JVC ProHD camera (shooting 720p 24fps), but I'm having difficulty fitting that into our budget. Since we can get this camera for cheap/free, it would be great if I could get some thoughts from the experts here on the cow. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: DVX100 footage for feature length documentary
on Jun 13, 2008 at 5:06:12 pm

Sure- if it's well shot and produced edited and a good story, DVX100 is more than enough for many festivals. Don't forget to get good sound though. Otherwise it's really pointless to shoot a doc about music.

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color and Win a Free Letus Extreme.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]