FORUMS: list search recent posts

LED Lights

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Bryan
LED Lights
on Jun 8, 2008 at 9:56:01 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm in the market for an inexpensive camera mounted light. I was looking around B&H when I came across some LEDs. Does anyone have any experience with these? If so any particular model recommended? I'm looking at the Bescor.

Benefits seem to be:

Cheap price,
Runs off of AAA batteries.

Return to posts index

Tim Scarpino
Re: LED Lights
on Jun 9, 2008 at 2:25:12 pm

I have no experience with LED lights in a teleproduction environment, but if I was interested, I'd be curious about the color temperature they operate at as a means to see how it affects white balance.

Tim Scarpino

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Jun 9, 2008 at 3:44:31 pm

They are actually more stable in terms of color than any incandescent or fluorescent lighting. Some can be dimmed while maintaining their color temperature. If you can afford them, the LitePanels are the best.

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color and Win a Free Letus Extreme.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Steve Wargo
on Jun 10, 2008 at 8:02:26 am

Lightpanels "Micro"

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona
It's a dry heat!

Sony HDCAM F-900 & HDW-2000/1 deck
5 Final Cut (not quite PRO) systems
Sony HVR-M25 HDV deck
2-Sony EX-1 HD .

Return to posts index

Todd Roush
on Jun 28, 2008 at 5:57:37 am

Litepanel Micro looks awesome.

I purchased a Sima 20L(?) At Amazon for something like $35 and it's pretty impressive for Wedding type work but the white balance is a little off and it has an enclosed battery so about 45min of usage per charge.

So far everything I've read about Litepanel Micro says it may be as close to a perfect light as you can get in this category. AA batteries and no 20lb battery hanging around your waist.

Watch out for all those little 9 led lights out there unless you just want to film the baby.

Best,

TR

Todd Roush
Dreamscape Digital Media
Panny DVX-100's but changing so Sony or Cannon HDV soon.

Return to posts index

Chris Bryan
on Oct 19, 2008 at 6:14:05 pm

Just to follow up, I ended up buying the LitePanels Micro LED light for $300 from B&H.

I must say that it is totally worth the price and it has saved my butt a few times already. The gels that it comes with are great for various lighting situations, and I was able to use the light at 3 wedding receptions before having to replace the 4 AA batteries!

I agree with other comments I've seen that it could be a little more sturdy, the plastic base feels a little cheap for a $300 light.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]