FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVX purchase questions

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bryan Maslin
DVX purchase questions
on May 7, 2008 at 6:00:33 pm

Hi all-

I'm about to purchase a 100B. I see prices for new cameras all over the map, from just over $1000 on up. (I realize that some cameras are bundled with extras, sending up the price.) I want a reputable dealer, but I also want the cheapest price. Any suggestions?

Regarding accessories, I need a top light with some punch that will run for awhile, either via the camera hot shoe or by it's own battery. I'll be doing a lot of handheld so it shouldn't be too heavy. I tried a Lite Panels Micro, and it didn't have nearly enough punch, plus I'd prefer a tungsten balanced fixture. The Anton Bauer Elightz package is a possiblity - has anyone used one? Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Return to posts index

Tim Scarpino
Re: DVX purchase questions
on May 7, 2008 at 6:38:47 pm

You should really purchase only from an Authorized Panasonic Dealer.

People have at times gone for the cheapest price only to find they got product that was intended for sale OUTSIDE the country they reside in.

Tim Scarpino

Tim Scarpino

Return to posts index

Bryan Banks
on May 10, 2008 at 6:04:47 am

If you go to DVXuser.com, there is a sticky in the DVX forum that lists authorized dealers.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on May 14, 2008 at 6:09:19 pm

Anything significantly south of $2,499 is most likely going to be a scam. I'd go with Abel Cine Tech in NY or LA- they are a fully authorized dealer, one of the top resellers of Panasonic and offer great service. :)

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color. Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Steve Wargo
on May 19, 2008 at 3:39:25 am

[Bryan Maslin] " I want a reputable dealer, but I also want the cheapest price. Any suggestions? "

My suggestion is to face reality

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona
It's a dry heat!

Sony HDCAM F-900 & HDW-2000/1 deck
5 Final Cut (not quite PRO) systems
Sony HVR-M25 HDV deck
2-Sony EX-1 HD .

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]