FORUMS: list search recent posts

Second Camera

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Bryan
Second Camera
on May 6, 2008 at 1:37:41 pm

Hello,

I've got a Panasonic DVX100b that I use to shoot weddings. I use two cameras during the ceremony so that I have something to cut to. Right now I'm renting the second camera, but that's costing me about $150 each time I rent it for essentially an hours worth of use. I'd like to buy a second DVX100 but that's just not in the budget right now.

My question is:

Are there any good spots to get a quality used dvx100 besides craigslist and ebay?

Is there a camera that's cheaper than the dvx100 that I can use as a second shooter with a dvx100, that will offer me the same quality image so that it won't be really jarring to cut back and forth to?

Return to posts index

STEVE LYLES
Re: Second Camera
on May 6, 2008 at 3:14:35 pm

You could have a look through the http://www.dvxuser.com marketplace ads for a used dvx100.I have been using a DVX-100b for weddings etc and also using the footage from up to 3 Panasonic AG-DVC30' at the same events they dont shoot in 24p but the 30fps mode is really good and the blended footage from the cameras is great.....with some attention to color correction in post of course.
cheers
Steve

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on May 14, 2008 at 6:15:30 pm

It's only 2499 brand new now, probably a bit less if you look hard. That would mean you could find one on eBay for probably under 1500- 10 rentals. I'd trust in eBay- just ask questions like how many hours on the heads, and get pix. I'd go with the same camera- save yourself extra work in post trying to get it to match.

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color. Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Jim Crowley
on Jun 15, 2008 at 3:42:48 am

I just bought my beatiful AG-DVX100B also and have the same concerns. You already know not to look for a used camcorder. Remember you already bought an AG-DVX100B with some stuff added. So you'll just need another camcorder for the other shots. You only need one camera with awesome audio. I am going to set up my cheap miniDV Canon ZR500 hidden somewhere in the church for other shots I may use.Just let it run continuously. Just buy another AG-DVX100B in another 4 months or so.(JUST THE CAMCORDER) $2250.00 after rebate.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]