FORUMS: list search recent posts

original dvx100 vs dvx100b

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wilson Maravi
original dvx100 vs dvx100b
on Apr 19, 2008 at 5:06:56 am

Ok. I've had an original dvx100 for the past year. I've recently and excitedly purchased a dvx100b and was very intrigued by all the new features that it had. However, when I compared the two under the same settings and light conditions. My dvx100 appeared to have richer, warmer, and sharper image quality than my dvx100b. I was pretty bummed about that. I've also read in other forums where others have felt the same way.

Though the image appeared to be better on the original dvx. The dvx100 was noisier than the dvx100b. And the dvx100b was better than the dvx100 under low light conditions.

I am only looking to keep one of them and I just wanted to get people's opinion on the matter.

Thanks!

Wilson

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: original dvx100 vs dvx100b
on Apr 21, 2008 at 5:34:43 pm

Definitely the B- technically improved in many areas over the DVX100. As for the "warm" look well that can easily be fixed in your scene file settings or in post-production. The camera was not made colder...

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color. Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Ilene Cutler
Re: original dvx100 vs dvx100b
on Oct 27, 2009 at 2:14:15 pm

Noah/ Wilson-
I realize you wrote this comment over a year ago. I have been shooting with a 100b and won't have access to it soon. I am now considering purchasing a used dvx-100 from a friend for $1400. A. do you think I will miss any features of the 100b B. do you think this is a fair price. He is a good friend who cares well for his equipment. Just wondering the ballpark- I don't see many 100s for sale- mostly 100b.For another 500 I will purchase his Bogen tripod and on camera light and bag. Your input is welcome.
Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]