FORUMS: list search recent posts

Anyone heard of an EI-737SD Tripod?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brent Adams
Anyone heard of an EI-737SD Tripod?
on Apr 9, 2008 at 9:53:39 pm

I'm not sure if this is the right forum but I will be using it with my dvx so.. I was wondering if anyone has used an EI-737SD tripod? I am on a very limited budget and need a decent tripod. This one looks pretty good but I've never heard of them before I found this one on ebay. I believe they are sold and/or made by a company called lumieretech. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Brent Adams

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Anyone heard of an EI-737SD Tripod?
on Apr 10, 2008 at 5:07:08 pm

Looks ok but for that price you can easily find a nice Manfrotto with a better warranty.

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color. Now featuring the HD Survival Guide!
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Brent Adams
on Apr 12, 2008 at 5:33:29 am

Could I get a new one or just a used one for that amount of money? And do you have any particular model number in mind?
Thanks!

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Apr 12, 2008 at 5:49:22 pm

501 or 504 Kit at B&H should be around the same price.

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color. Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Brent Adams
on Apr 13, 2008 at 6:21:12 pm

Ok thanks I'll check those out!

Return to posts index

Alain Riffon
on Apr 17, 2008 at 5:05:06 am

Hi Brent !
Don't know what a comparable price would be (at a store).
Just won an auction with this item ( EI-737SD ) on eBay.
Should receive it any day now. Won it over a week ago. Sent Paypal payment right away.
So it should be knocking at my door any minute now.
My price was US$260.00 + shipping ($50 for Int'l USPS Priority).

Was shopping for Manfrotto just a few days before.
What I considered comparable was 028B tripod w/503 head. Came up to $650.00 CAN.
(BTW : US VS CAN dollars isn't significant these days.)
Also 525 tripod w/503 head is wonderful but an extra $2XX.00 more. (A beauty to work).
If you want to keep in Manfrotto line w/o too much money, 028B w/501 is far from bad and would bring cost down around $500.00-$550.00

Now my advice (if you allow me to and if you can sleep on it a few more days), would be to let me receive mine. I'll try it right away with my HVX200 and let you know for sure.
I've tried Manfrotto so will be able to give you a fair comparison.

All the best ! - alain

Return to posts index

Brent Adams
on Apr 28, 2008 at 3:04:37 am

Thanks Alain!

Did you get a chance to try it out yet? I would really like to know what you think...

Return to posts index

Alain Riffon
on Apr 28, 2008 at 7:02:05 am

Hi Brent !

I must say I'm a little deceived by what I received.
Actually, the legs are rather weak and though they say it's sturdy, I wouldn't call it that way.
The triangle is a total disaster. Low quality plastic and even the knobs to thighten its stretching is not working well. So with weak legs and a poor triangle, the whole thing depends on what is the use you make of it, because the head, surprisingly seems to work just fine. Smooth pan & tilt, taking for granted you've use a video tripod with all the caution it requires when you cam is on it. But with a little practice, you'd do something nice. I plan to do something to reenforce the legs by having something rigid half way in the legs height like another kind of tringle. BTW, the whole thing is very strong if you do not raise the legs.
But who works at 30 some inches from the floor for a whole shoot.
You know what, after purchasing it, I found a lot more interesting things in the used market on eBay. Things that I know, and honestly, what could happen to a Manfrotto leg & head if it didn't fall from a crashed plane. Actually I plan to sell what I bought for 2/3 of the price and look in the used. A good Manfrotto leg (028B or a 525 if you can afford it) with a good head 503, not the 501, I tried it and it is less stable. Of course it is not the same price, but one thing I learned recently is : Cheap is always too expensive. And the Manfrotto kit, you'd have it for a lifetime. All the best ! I hope this helps you out in your search.
- Alain

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]