FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio Glitch with DVX100b

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Shadis
Audio Glitch with DVX100b
on Apr 7, 2008 at 3:36:17 pm

Hello - I'm having a problem when I capture footage from my DVX100b into FCP 5.1. After I capture the footage all of it has a weird glitch in the audio. Every 10-20 seconds it's as if the audio doubles upon itself for just a moment. It sounds similar to audio time stretching, where the audio signal is doubled in order to extend its length, but in this case it only lasts for a split second.

I'm primarily working at 24pa but I get this glitch whether I record at that frame rate or any other. To be sure I'm setting up the appropriate capture setting in FCP relative the method that the original footage was recorded. I have tried several different tapes and have still gotten the same result.

Here's an odd thing though, if I switch the camera to playback mode and simply play it there, I get no such error and the audio sounds fine. It's only when I capture through firewire that I get this error. I've checked for an audio mismatch, making sure that the camera is recording at 48khz and that FCP is capturing at the same, they are.

I'm not sure what the problem here is. I'm inexperienced with this camera so I assume it must be some setting I'm missing in either FCP or on the DVX100b.

Any help you might have would be much appreciated, thanks.

-Matt

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Audio Glitch with DVX100b
on Apr 8, 2008 at 2:33:41 am

sounds like you need to use a tape head cleaner on the camera. Typically these come in the box when you buy it, otherwise buy a dry tape head cleaner and run it according to the instructions.

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color. Now featuring the HD Survival Guide!
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Lauren Saffa
on Apr 28, 2008 at 9:55:11 pm

I have the exact SAME problem with the DVX100B and FCP. It's been driving me crazy and I don't know how to fix it. I just had my heads replaced and the audio glitch is still occurring when I capture. Matt, have you solved the problem? Does anyone else have any ideas? Thank you.

Return to posts index

Matt Shadis
on Apr 29, 2008 at 3:21:34 pm

Hey Lauren - Unfortunately, no, I haven't been able to totally solve this issue. The only way I've been able to get around it is to use a different computer. With my dual 2ghz G5 I get the audio issue when I capture (the same machine that allows me to capture uncompressed 10-bit through my AJA IoLA with no problems) and get that audio problem. I tried it in a different workstation (a Mac Pro four core 2.6ghz) and it worked fine. Since then we've just been using that station as our capture station.

The issue must be something with my machine and not with the camera, but what that issue is I don't know :( If anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear them. Take care.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]