FORUMS: list search recent posts

Color bleed with the 100b

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew Balogh
Color bleed with the 100b
on Apr 2, 2008 at 2:09:14 pm

We are doing a shoot this Saturday with a dvx100b and are having a problem with red shirts. When we capture the footage there is a red aura that seems to be around the shirts. There is also one with the blue shirts but it is less. Is this because of our lighting? What can we do to get rid of this effect?

Return to posts index

Tim Scarpino
Re: Color bleed with the 100b
on Apr 3, 2008 at 12:47:52 pm

Forgive me for asking the obvious, but are you sure this is an issue with your camera? Are you seeing the same problem on a different monitor and/or waveform-vectorscope?

Tim Scarpino

Tim Scarpino

Return to posts index

Matthew Balogh
on Apr 8, 2008 at 1:34:49 am

It is showing up when we put it into Final Cut Studio, it doesn't look messed up in the viewfinder.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Apr 4, 2008 at 2:43:05 pm

Red is never a good color for any video camera- just a fact of the technology. Neither are busy horizontal or vertical patterns because they cause moire distortion. So the best suggestion is avoid both in your shoots.

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color. Now featuring the HD Survival Guide!
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Matthew Balogh
on Apr 8, 2008 at 1:32:42 am

Yes, We should have though but now we have 8 more weeks of red shirts any help?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Apr 8, 2008 at 2:38:41 am

Sure- get the red shirts in a more muted color. That's pretty much video 101- no red colors especially on the talent's shirts.

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color. Now featuring the HD Survival Guide!

Return to posts index

Matthew Balogh
on Apr 8, 2008 at 12:07:57 pm

Is there anything else? We have an extremly low budget. Is there any light filtering? coloring? Do you knw of a good setting for camera setting for red?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Apr 9, 2008 at 5:46:39 am

It could also be somewhat mitigated with CTB color gels on your lights. But again it's an uphill battle. If you don't like the look perhaps it's time to take a good hard look at fixing the production before it goes too far. Surely it's not impossible to go buy new shirts at Old Navy...

Noah

Return to posts index

Tom Nelson
on Apr 10, 2008 at 5:28:57 pm

Adam Wilt has an article online that may answer your question:

http://www.adamwilt.com/24p/

He talks about Chroma and how it can get a bit funky around the edges. If I were to suggest a test to you, I'd say capture a similar scene with your chroma level turned down in the camera slightly. Capture that footage, and see if your issue is still happening and if it isn't, see if you can bring your saturation back up in post to properly represent the scene.

This is just an idea. Please anyone, feel free to tell me I'm nuts. I get it on a regular basis, anyways.

Tom Nelson
Videographer/Editor
Essex Television Group

Return to posts index

Steve Wargo
on May 1, 2008 at 6:55:34 am

Matthew,

Play it back on a new TV and see if it's still like that.

Turn the color down in the main settings. Go to -5 and see if it's different.

We shoot with our color at -5 on all of our DVXs.

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona
It's a dry heat!

Sony HDCAM F-900 & HDW-2000/1 deck
5 Final Cut (not quite PRO) systems
Sony HVR-M25 HDV deck
2-Sony EX-1 HD .

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]