FORUMS: list search recent posts

Question about the Panasonic DVX-100b 24P camera

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas Rupp
Question about the Panasonic DVX-100b 24P camera
on Apr 2, 2008 at 5:56:06 am

Hello all, and thanks in advance for any input you may offer! I just joined this forum, though I've been studying Creative Cow tutorials for a little while. Anyway, here's my question.

My background is in design, not video production or film making. I am, however, getting into that area for museum exhibits, which I design. I hope to expand my capabilities for my clients by adding video production.

I am doing a modest project right now on a borrowed GL-2, and learning the limitations of that camera first hand. I'm doing mostly documentary style interviews, and I'm looking to step up next time. I have found a nice Panasonic DVX-100b for rent locally at a good rate. My question is, is this camera capable of producing images sharp enough for broadcast? I'd like to get my feet wet via rental before I plunge into a HD camera in the next six months to a year.

Thanks again!

Return to posts index

Tim Scarpino
Re: Question about the Panasonic DVX-100b 24P camera
on Apr 3, 2008 at 12:51:16 pm

I'm sure you'll get different opinions, but I've used the DVX for "broadcast" television. That is, a bonafide broadcaster who's initial transmission is "over-the-air".

I continue to use the DVX for television production.

What you need to be careful of is what you do with the DVX content after you're done shooting. There are LOTS of way to take good quality DVX content and mess it up before it hits air.

Tim Scarpino

Tim Scarpino

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]