FORUMS: list search recent posts

timecode/recording problem with dvx100

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Mejido
timecode/recording problem with dvx100
on Mar 15, 2008 at 3:15:24 pm

hello everyone.

I've recently tried recording both with my DVX100 in regular and 24p mode, and from my TV to the DVX100 in vcr mode... and both times the recording has come out very.. pixelated? splotchy? completely screwed up? I'm not sure of the technical term, but suffice to say whenever the on-screen subject moves, the screen pixelates and breaks up. Sometimes the sound completely dies and doesn't record. sometimes it records very tinny and crackles and pops.

Oh... i can tell you that it doesn't seem to be recording timecode at all, and every so often the 0's at the top turn in to F's... so the screen shows a constant UC 00:00:00:00 and every so often it turns to UC FF:FF:FF:FF for a split second.

Basically, is my camera in need of repair? Is it beyond repair? or do i have it on some weird setting? (i don't think it is, because i've flipped just about every switch on the thing and nothing seems to work)

any advice is appreciated.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: timecode/recording problem with dvx100
on Mar 16, 2008 at 12:59:12 am

Sounds like dirty tape recording heads. Try a head cleaner. If that doesn't work take it in for servicing. Most likely the heads are salvageable or they won't record at all.

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color. Now featuring the HD Survival Guide!
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]