FORUMS: list search recent posts

PANASONIC P2 files are corrupted, yet they exist as files in Import Software. How can I convert or access these clips?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Monskey
PANASONIC P2 files are corrupted, yet they exist as files in Import Software. How can I convert or access these clips?
on Nov 16, 2015 at 7:02:10 pm

My Panasonic AG-HVX200 camera was malfunctioning (due to wet conditions) while recording with the P2 media cards. It would not shut off without removing the battery. Immediately when reinstalling the battery it began recording again---so I could not control the record function as normal. When I open the import program the files exist (I can see they were recorded and have thumbnail image) with ID number/letter codes and I can see them, however, they have 00: 00: 00 as timecode listings (although the timer was running during my recording process). These, like all video clips, are important files. Is there any way to fool my system, use an alternative transfer/conversion program or method---even a parallel play, record system to save these files?

By the way, when the camera dried out (overnight) it functioned fine again.
Yes, I have to do better to keep my equipment dry!
Dan

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: PANASONIC P2 files are corrupted, yet they exist as files in Import Software. How can I convert or access these clips?
on Nov 17, 2015 at 12:55:45 am

Hmmm....possibly try EditReady. Free demo available.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]