FORUMS: list search recent posts

So, how do I stream with my new AJ-PX800G?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Suszko
So, how do I stream with my new AJ-PX800G?
on Jul 22, 2015 at 3:01:07 am

We just got in a pair of AJ-PX800G cameras, which have a slot to accept a 4g LTE wireless modem. WOOT! Couple of questions:

Do existing P2 readers read AVC100 and AVC ultra long G files? Or do we need a new P2 reader?

I am anxious to try live streaming from field locations with this camera, but it didn't come with any specific documentation to walk me through how to set that up and use it. Ordinarily, I would know more about a camera before it arrived, but they snuck this one past me and kept me out of the loop until it showed up today. I wanna be ready to hit the ground running with it when the lenses come in. Please, if you have easy instructions or links to a demo video for setting up the streaming functions of this camera, I'm all ears.

Return to posts index

Paul Anderegg
Re: So, how do I stream with my new AJ-PX800G?
on Jul 24, 2015 at 10:02:35 am

I just picked up a used HPX600, basically a 1 chip PX800. I actually live stream from every camera I own, every time the camera is on. Using a Sony X180 and X70, and also had a streaming X200. My research into the Panasonic live streaming function seems to indicate that it is limited to streaming to a phone or tablet, a PC app, or "live streaming" proxy video files. Your question indicated "from the field", so i assume you are not looking to beam video to a monitor within WiFi range.

Now, I am not sure you can call proxy video files live, but all the literature for the HPX600, PX800, PX270 etc, words it that way. The other "live uplinking" references seem to indicate connection to an external LiveU device, and simply allows communicating information and status.

I would love to be able to live stream out of my HPX600 natively. I am purchasing a small Teradek Cube 205 HDMI steaming encoder to live feed out to my station. The HPX600/PX800 have a spare HDMI for this model Teradek, as well as the DC out socket to power it. The Cube 205 also has a USB port on the top to plug in a 4G or XLTE modem. I will be mounting mine on a wireless mic bracket off the right side of the battery, like a Lectrosonic.

If you figure out how to do this, please let me know!

Paul

Return to posts index

Jim Sanders
on Jul 25, 2015 at 11:59:18 pm

Hi Mark, I emailed Panasonic support to get the streaming guide for the AJ PX270 and they sent me a PDF 3 days later. They may have a separate one for the AJ-PX800G. Here is the support address: provideosupport@us.panasonic.com. Good luck!

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jul 26, 2015 at 12:58:01 am

Thanks! Appreciate the follow-up!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]