FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is it the HPX170 noisy?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joseph Villeg
Is it the HPX170 noisy?
on Apr 13, 2015 at 1:53:10 pm

Hello

I work doing Live production, for concerts and live shows, in a little scale.
A few months ago, after being owner of some AVDHC cameras like Panasonic HMC40 and JVC HM100, and working with a friend's Sony XDCAM EX1,
I bought a second hand P2 170.
I was really excited. I had read many reviews, and all major companies en this business spoke very well about this camera..

In the first show, we see a extremely noisy image (720P60, 3200K, 0db gain, 1/60 shutter) . Since we didn't perform a full functions review, we supposed that something we're missed
Back in office, we perform an extensive review, and we realized that the DRS was turned on.

Last weekend, In the second show, with the DRS off and afet doing a menu reset, we still having the noise problem. Even in day light
No matter if the zoom is in or out, or if the object is far or near, zero depth of field, zero edges definition, always we see blurry image, like an 480i up conversion...

It is feel like always the gain is on, even in 0db. In the show, even with the F11 iris, we obtain a sometimes a over exposed image.

We tried changing the recording format and the output format

I don't know what else we can do. Maybe the camera is damaged? the SDI output is damaged?

Any tip or clue, please?

Return to posts index

Tom Matthies
Re: Is it the HPX170 noisy?
on May 5, 2015 at 7:50:23 pm

Are you sure that the gain is set at 0db? The switches can be assigned any gain value. Just because you set the switch to 0db, it might be assigned a different value. Is the high gain somehow enabled? The camera should not normally be that noisy under normal operating conditions.

Not my monkeys. Not my circus.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]